Hope this would help, I guess, don't try to "correct" yourself in a short period of time, change won't take place overnight, it has to be step by step and more importantly, the one who is changing us is Jesus and by the Holy Spirit that we are changed, the only criteria God wants is a humble and willing heart.
- Don't be too Absolute!
- Don't Blame on somebody when things go wrong!
- Don't try to Compare yourself with someone, cos you will only be disappointed when you've found out you are less good than others. But in God's eye, everyone is unique and has his/her own value!
- Don't get Demoralised, i.e. never ever say that you can't do this or can't do that!
- Don't be too Emotional, try to control your temper!
- Forget the bad experience in the past, make the most out of the present and carry hopes into the future. Fill your free time with meaningful things e.g. try to learn something new!
- To Give
- Always have Hopes on yourself and onto the future!
- Invigorate, i.e. refresh, revitalise yourself, be more happy and optimistic!
- And lastly, of course that is Jesus, whenever you're in a difficult situation, always go back to Jesus and see how He will deal with it!